USDA Eligibility Maps have been Updated! Here’s how to search in your area.
When will the USDA Eligibility Maps go into effect and how do you find out if your area is still considered rural?
In today’s video, I will discuss in detail the updated USDA Eligibility Maps. Including, how to determine what areas will become ineligible, and key dates on when it becomes effective.
Now, if you have not yet done so, feel free to download our FREE USDA Blueprint. This educational resource is designed to help walk you through the USDA process step-by-step and is a great educational resource for both home buyers and realtors alike.
Comment Period for USDA Eligibility Maps
For a quick background on today’s topic, after a comment period that commenced on December 1, 2017, certain areas had been selected for further review in order to determine if their USDA eligibility would continue.
On a positive note, I took action and participated by submitting detailed reports during this comment period and they were able to help preserve the Florida USDA Eligible Areas of Sebring and Zephyrhills.
However, because of population increases and other factors, there are many areas that unfortunately lost their eligibility.
As a result, on March 16, 2018 Rural Development announced the release of the updated USDA Area Eligibility map which shows both the current and proposed ineligible areas that went into effect on June 4, 2018.
How to Determine Eligibility:
- First off, you will need to access the USDA Income and Property Eligibility Site. Click here for access: USDA Eligibility Maps
- Once on the site, click on the “Single-Family Housing Guaranteed” program in the upper left-hand corner.
- Then you can either select the “Property Eligibility” tab for all currently eligible properties or the “Proposed Ineligible Areas” tab for any areas that will be ineligible as of June 4th, 2018.
- Next, you will click on “Accept” in the lower right-hand corner.
- Finally, you will be taken to the USDA Eligibility Map where you can enter a specific address and press GO! Or you can manually navigate to find a general area of interest.
Obviously, USDA eligibility is dependent on whether the address is within a USDA marked area. If you are not sure if about an area’s eligibility, please call my office so we can review and advise.
USDA Experience and Expertise
Having a lender that understands the USDA process for pre-qualification to closing is critical to a successful transaction, and as the 2017 #1 Ranked USDA Approved Lender in Florida, our program experience and expertise helps homebuyers maximize the benefits of this unique program!
Remember, no question is too big or too small because we are here to help! Just call 800-806-9836 est. 280 or email SeanS@MPLX.org to discuss your scenario, and let us show you the “Metroplex” difference!
I want everyone to make it a great day and I look forward to seeing you right here for the next tip of the week!