In 2020, How Do You Search for Current USDA Loan Eligible Properties?
Is the home you want in 2020 a USDA Loan eligible property?
As many of us know, a key part of the USDA eligibility process is being able to find a home that is located in a USDA eligible area. Today, I’ll walk you through the process of determining if the home you want to buy is located in a USDA eligible area.
Also, please download any of our FREE USDA Resources. These educational resources are designed to walk you through the USDA process for both realtors and home buyers alike.
Searching USDA Loan Eligible Properties
It is a best practice to search for the USDA eligibility of the property you are interested in. This is especially important when looking at properties close to ineligible areas. Knowing how to use the USDA eligibility search map at your disposal is critical for success!
For example, let’s walk through an eligibility search using an address in Devonoak Blvd, Land O Lakes, FL.
- You can access the USDA Property Eligibility page anytime by clicking on the USDA Eligible Properties Search at the top of this website or by clicking here.
- Next, click on “Single-Family Housing Guaranteed” in the left-hand corner.
- Then you will click on the “Accept” button in the lower right-hand corner.
- Finally, you will enter the property address you are searching for and click the “Go” button to the right.
- At a minimum, your search must include the street name, city, and state.
If you were to search this property yourself, you would see that it is located in an eligible area. However, if you go slightly to the east of this address it becomes ineligible very quickly.
USDA Approved Lender
I founded Metroplex Mortgage Services way back in 2001 and on top of being a top-ranked USDA Approved Lender, my team is known for their government loan expertise and helpfulness when walking homebuyers through the mortgage qualifying maze.
If you need help, simply call (800)806-9836 Ext. 280 or email SeanS@MPLX.org to discuss your scenario.
With this in mind, it is a great time to get qualified for a USDA Loan with many benefits, including…
- 100% financing
- Flexible credit guidelines
- The ability to finance closing costs
- And much more!
As always, I want everyone to make it a great day and I look forward to seeing you right here for the next tip of the week!
P.S. Don’t forget to download our USDA blueprint for success with this link below.