Our Top 5 USDA Articles of 2020
As I take a step back and look at this past year of USDA articles, there is a handful that stand out as the clear top 5.
These articles were visited by thousands of people just like you. They come in order to learn about USDA loans, their guidelines, how to qualify, and any recent updates to the program.
Take a look at our top 5 USDA articles of 2020 and click through for more specific information on that topic.
Top 5 USDA Articles of 2020
1. How Much USDA Land can be Purchased with a USDA Home Loan?
This definition opens up the potential for higher amounts of USDA land to be purchased. Plus, comparable sales in the area can help justify the site size.
As a result, do NOT assume the eligibility of a property’s acreage. Instead, let us review your scenario first.
2. UPDATE: Improved USDA Guidelines on Student Loans!
This update provides the ability to increase your overall budget and price range.
3. USDA Update! – What Repairs can be Financed into a USDA Loan?
This allows for an escrow repair option that can be applied to specified repairs. Essentially, it allows for certain repair items to be financed into a USDA loan.
4. How do you Calculate Florida Intangible Tax and Transfer Tax When Purchasing a Home
- Florida Transfer Tax: Calculated by taking 70 cents for each $100 or fractional part. Plus, the state assesses a tax of $.35 cents per $100 of the face value of any promissory note.
- Florida Intangible Tax: Calculated as 2 mills per each dollar amount of the note ($.002) secured by the mortgage.
Don’t let these costs sneak up on you!
5. What USDA Closing Costs can be Included with your Loan?
However, when the appraised value is higher than the sales price these settlement charges can be financed into a USDA loan.
That concludes our top 5 USDA articles! But before you go, don’t forget to visit our Free Resources page and download any one of our free guides. They include:
- Your USDA Blueprint For Success
- Mortgage Type Comparison Chart
- Your Guide to USDA Financing for New Construction
- USDA Fact Sheet
- USDA Condo Approval Steps